Today well go quickly on the installation process for the PWM open source password management. After you download it from http://code.google.com/p/pwm/downloads/list
You need to start the installation and configuration steps. Here are the steps:
1. Unzip the file that you did download pwm_v1.6.4.zip
2. Deploy the pwm.war file into your tomcat container . This file contains the code required to start working and configuring the pwm opensource password management
3. Go to your browser and open the next url http://
4. The PWM configuration windows will open from there you need to select the LDAP configuration you want to install.
5. From there select the New Configuration:OpenLdap,Directory Server389,others
6. Click there and the Editing Live Configuration page will open
7. Configure in that page parameters like the dns container, the proxy user, etc.
8. Complete the information with your deployment information . Once you finished go to the Action menu at the top right and click save configuration
9. If the pwm opensource password management found any error, you’ll see a warning red line. If that’s the case click on the Configuration Editor button and fix the problem.
10. Once your change have passing to the good state the pwm password management is ready to use and the Login page will be displayed
11. Select one of the users on your LDAP repository and login with their credentials. Once you do you’ll see the Password Self Service main menu. From there you’ll able to do some operations like Change Password, Setup Password Response, Password History, Account Information, Logout
12. After you submit logout the pwm opensource password management will close your session and display the image below